Forum Replies Created
April 2, 2017 at 12:30 AM in reply to: Adding Shipping To Customer's Invoice and Completing the Order #15486Harvey NormanParticipant
Sorry, couldn’t edit my previous post anymore.
Please ignore the last 2 lines, “Question: Instead of changing it to “wholesale pending”, I will use the custom “request payment” email. When order status is not “wholesale pending”, will the “pay” button be there?”.”
Just a correction on step 4, when customer receive the woocommerce invoice email, there is a quick link to complete payment, it’s not My Account.April 1, 2017 at 11:48 PM in reply to: Adding Shipping To Customer's Invoice and Completing the Order #15483Harvey NormanParticipant
Thanks for your clear explanation. I should have explained why I needed to disable payment during checkout. For a wholesaler shipping mainly overseas, couriers and costs are always different, we can’t set a fixed cost per item, per shipment or automate shipping calculation. We’d check the shipping cost(through a courier price quote system) then add them into the customer’s order before payment.
Let me just go through the process and see if this works or not.
1. Customer makes a new order (can’t pay because “Disable Wholesale Payment” is ticked), order is now in “Wholesale Pending”.
2. To add shipping cost, I will change order status to “Pending” then amend.
3.Once completed, to request payment from customer, I will send customer invoice through “order actions” dropdown.
4. Customer receives email, proceeds to My Account to make payment. Order status becomes “processing” after submitting.
5. Payment is confirmed. I will add tracking details ( with the help of a shipping tracking plugin ) then mark order as complete so customer knows it’s shipped with tracking details. ORDER COMPLETED.
Question: Instead of changing it to “wholesale pending”, I will use the custom “request payment” email. When order status is not “wholesale pending”, will the “pay” button be there?
- This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Harvey Norman.