3 part Q – Calendar POST not displaying / Possible to change 'back to calendar'

HomeForumsVolunteer Sign Up Sheets Calendar Display3 part Q – Calendar POST not displaying / Possible to change 'back to calendar'

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Matthew Licausi
      Participant

Wordpress 4.8.2
      Sign-Up Sheets 2.2.0
      Calendar 1.3.1

I’m having an issue where the calendar is not displaying on the custom post… http://www.redbridgepto.com/volunteer_calendar/watchdogs/

I’ve found a work-around by embedding the calendar on the PAGE http://www.redbridgepto.com/watchdogs/

Q1: Any idea why the calendar would not display on the custom post?

Q2: Assuming I can get that working, is there any way to change from the default post layout to a full screen layout (assuming I have that as part of my theme)?

Q3: If I can’t get the custom post page working… is there a way to change the destination of the “Go back to calendar” link on the sheets view to take the user back to the page vs. the post? Link is located here… http://www.redbridgepto.com/volunteer-signup/?sheet_id=2&date=2017-09-29&pid=7029

• This topic was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Matthew Licausi. Reason: Added WP & Plugin Versions
      Stephen Sherrard
      Keymaster

Q1: Any idea why the calendar would not display on the custom post?

Two suggestions:
      1. Go to your Admin->Settings->Permalinks page and resave (don’t need to change anything) to make sure your permalink structure is properly updated after adding the calendar extension
      2. If #1 doesn’t work, try turning off Visual Composer, and then see if it works.

I inspected the elements on the page you linked to, and I don’t see the div wrappers for the calendar that my plugin should be creating there. Don’t see any javascript errors in the console either. So, either my plugin is not recognizing it as a calendar page (#1 above?), or there is a conflict with something else (#2 above?), or perhaps you have some other post template in your theme with the same name as mine? The body of that page has the classes that indicate it is a single-volunteer_calendar, but nothing from my template is actually being output to the page. So, possibly you have a template conflict, or it’s just another one of the many issues that plugins like Visual Composer can cause on sites.

Q2: Assuming I can get that working, is there any way to change from the default post layout to a full screen layout (assuming I have that as part of my theme)?

You shouldn’t have to do anything, if you have a full width content type template. The calendar will expand to take up the full width of the content div unless you have something like Visual Composer that screws things up (can you tell I don’t like that plugin?).

Q3: If I can’t get the custom post page working… is there a way to change the destination of the “Go back to calendar” link on the sheets view to take the user back to the page vs. the post?

You would have to use a PHP code snippet to tap into the filter hook that the main plugin uses to allow other plugins (such as the calendar) to modify those return link URLs. Nothing built-in to alter that in the way that you want right now.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.